Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Muffins

Ok ya'll, I've been wanting to post this recipe for a while and haven't gotten to it. But, since I'm home today from work because I'm sick, I thought I'd get caught up on some stuff. So... here is my all-time favorite muffin recipe. I've made it so many times... it's SO yummy! You'll be hooked! :-) I don't know who created the recipe... but hats off to whomever did!

Morning Glory Muffins

1 1/2 c. unbleached flour
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbls. toasted wheat germ (optional, I don't use this)
2 carrots, peeled and grated
1 large apple, peeled, cored and chopped
1 cup raisins (I use craisins... yum!!!)
2 large eggs
1/4 c. vegetable or canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. chopped pecans or walnuts

Preheat oven to 375o. Lightly oil or spray 12 muffin tins. In large bowl stir together flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nuts, wheat germ and craisins. In another bowl stir together remaining ingredients. Combine with dry ingredients. Pour into muffin tins. Bake about 20 minutes. These freeze great and can be made into small loaves instead of muffins.

They are heavy muffins and are great to grab out of the freezer for a quick breakfast when you're running out the door to school or work. I even like 'em cold.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Mmmm...those sound really yummy. If I wasn't on the Core I would make them right away! Maybe I can have them for a treat sometime =) Like after I lose these 20lbs that seem to hang on so tightly! One more pound off by the scales today...I'm a little slow at this weight loss stuff! haha =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails