Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Quote by Elisabeth Elliott

I came across this quote today and enjoyed it so much that I wanted to share it with you.

"We are women, and my plea is let me be a woman, holy through and through, asking for nothing but what God wants to give me, receiving with both hands and with all my heart whatever that is."

Wow... here we can really see Elisabeth Elliott's humble and content heart. She desires to embrace, with open hands, whatever God's will is for her life. That's really quite a statement for someone who lost two husbands through death! However, she found her joy in her Savior and lives her life being open to the will and direction of God. She holds her plans and expectations for life with an open hand, giving God full control. Oh, how much I have to learn from godly women like her! How grateful I am that other women have gone before me and given me such excellent examples to look to! We have so much to learn from them if we will only take the time to watch, ask questions of, and seek counsel. (No wonder Paul told Titus to have the older women teach the younger women in the church!)

Who is an older woman whom you can seek counsel from? Your mother? A woman in your church? A friend's mother?

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Great quote...I love reading book and learning from older women that way =) And there are also some others that I know I can go to get counsel when needed. Anyway, hope to see you soon and go running together!

Related Posts with Thumbnails