Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Life...

So for an update... I've been in Arlington since Tuesday house-sitting for a couple from my church. I'll be here until July 26th... I've been reading primarily and then chatting with a girl who is staying here with me. She's really sweet! Her name is Beth and she's been a lot of fun to get to know and stay with! She loves to run and we have some similar interests...

What I've been reading on:

Called to Womanhood: The Biblical View for Today's World by Beth Impson

This book is one that is required for my Women's Ministry class this fall at Boyce. It basically gives a brief overview of early feminism, then moves into how feminism has influenced our culture today through radicals and egalitarians and also how it has influenced our church. She then moves on to teach on what a biblical view of womanhood should be. I haven't gotten that far yet, I'm still on the chapter about feminism's influence on the church. It is very sobering! Some of the things she has shared with us about how it's affecting our culture make me absolutely sick and disgusted with our culture!!! How can our eyes be so blinded to the truth??? I look forward to seeing how she suggests countering it with a biblical worldview.


Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney

When I can't stand reading Called to Womanhood anymore... because of all the feminism stuff... I switch over to this book, which I am thoroughly enjoying, for a brief break!!! It's basically a study on Titus 2. Carolyn Mahaney breaks down each thing that older women are instructed to teach younger women and writes a chapter on them... loving your husband, loving your children, being self-controlled, being kind, etc... I really love her style in writing... it's almost as if she is having a conversation with me at her kitchen table! I couldn't recommend it any higher!!! She continually takes me to scripture as she shows me how I am to live a godly life as a woman!

Well, that's about it for now... I'll try to update ya more as the week progresses.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails