Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Oh to be captured by God alone!!!

The last few days, I've been struggling with loneliness and memories of a time that seemed to be endless bliss. It is hard to be content when your heart longs for something that it cannot have at this present time. While house-sitting for these two and a half weeks, the girl I've been staying with, Beth, has sweetly listened to me and encouraged me to seek the Lord whenever I've opened up and admitted to some struggles. Today she asked me if at these times I had opened my bible and sought to read scripture instead of spending time focusing on the past. I was instantly convicted! I do seek to spend time daily in the Word with my God, but how many times recently have I pulled out my bible mid-day when I was struggling? I'd hate to admit the truth!

This evening Beth forwarded this poem to me and I wanted to share it with you all. Hope this will be an encouragement to all of my single friends as well!

"Everyone longs to give themselves completely to someone
Have a deep relationship with another
To be loved thoroughly and exclusively
But God, to a Christian, says, No
Not until you're satisfied, fulfilled and content
Being loved by Me alone
Giving yourself totally and unreservedly to Me
Having an intensely personal and unique relationship
With Me alone
Discovering that only in Me is your satisfaction to be found
Only then will you be capable of that perfect human relationship I planned for you
You'll never be united with another until you've been united with Me
Exclusive of any other desires or longings
I want you to stop planning
Stop wishing
And allow me to give you the most brilliant plan in existence
One that you cannot imagine
I want you to have the best
Please allow Me to bring it to you
You just keep watching Me, expecting the greatest things
Keep experiencing the satisfaction that I AM
Keep listening and learning the things that I tell you
You just wait, that's all
Don't be anxious and don't worry
Don't look around at the things others have gotten
Or I've given to them
And don't look at the things you think you want
You just keep looking off and away up to Me
Or you'll miss Me or what I want to show you
Then when you're readyI'll surprise you with a love far more wonderful
Than you could ever dream of
You see until you're ready and the love I have for you is ready
Until you're both satisfied exclusively with Me
And the life I've prepared for you
You won't be able to experience the love
That exemplifies your relationship with Me
And is thus the perfect love
Dear one, I want you to see in the flesh
A picture of your everlasting union of beauty and perfection and love
That I offer you with Myself
Know that I love you utterly
For I am God
Believe Me and be satisfied
-God"

1 Titus 6:6 - But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Not to be totally pessimistic and slightly cynical...(but you know me):)
but, I find it hard to believe that I will EVER be totally satisfied in God alone. I think we should strive for that, definitely. But, I think God is so kind that He DOES and WILL bring us someone even when we are not totally satisfied in Him...even when we struggle to place Him first in our lives. I believe that struggle will never go away. So in a sense, I slightly disagree with the poem...
I don't think God withholds things from us until we find satisfaction in Him. I think he withholds things from us to draw Him closer to Himself and to show us His plans are better than ours.
I find that to long for a relationship is not necessarily bad. God gives us those desires for a reason. The beauty is that through those desires we are constantly reminded that we must trust God for our every need, seeking Him, striving to want and love Him above all.

It's a battle. Don't beat yourself up that you're struggling. The struggle is what causes us to look to Christ.

Love you my friend.

In All the Way Acknowledge Him said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!!! Love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails