Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

KHOP

Kristin's House Of Pancakes... Last night, Kristin Yeldell invited all the girls from Boyce College over to her house for a pancake night. We had 65 girls show up and the evening was a blast!!!

This is Eric and Kristin Yeldell. Kristin is my Women's Ministry Professor and our Student Life Director. She is an amazing woman and I've already learned so much from her in class, watching her serve, observing as she keeps things in line and going for student life, etc... she has such an amazing passion for ministry to girls also! God has really gifted her to communicate with them!


Eric was our amazing pancake chef for the night... We mixed them up and he flipped them. I hear they were great!!! (I brought my little gluten free waffles... they were good too... haha!)


L-R Me, Charlotte, Ginny Lou, and Tricia... Ginny Lou and Tricia were the minds behind this ladies event. They did a fabulous job pulling everything together. It ran so smoothly girls!!!



Here is Tricia spreading the nutella on pancakes... she was the official spreader of that wholesome goodness! It was so funny watching girls walk out with chocolate on their pancakes... I'd never really thought of that before... its sounds pretty good!
All the girls spread out over Kristin and Eric's backyard to eat and fellowship.




Girls having fun...

Say "cheese" girls!!! haha... In the middle is Sarah Temple. She is one of my "Howdy Group" leaders. At orientation they split all the incoming students into Howdy Groups so that we could get connected to each other. She and Nate did a great job leading ours!!!


This is my sweet friend and running buddy, Tricia. We have spent SO much time together in the last two weeks, primarily running together, but also just around school, at a coffee shop, and hanging out. I love her... she is so much fun!!! We've had so many good talks about life and the Lord... it's been awesome!

Here is Tricia giving out marching orders to the girls... she and Ginny Lou had created a really fun scavenger hunt for the girls to go on. They had to go all around Louisville and do the steps, taking pictures of each one, then come back and give a pictoral review... it was so much fun seeing each team's pictures!

A lot of the girls got really into the hunt. One girl from each team had to go inside and put their clothes on inside out and backwards... these are the girls... some had to wear bright pink lipstick on their lips and/or faces...

Here is Kristin watching and enjoying the girls as she works on organizing the table...

Here's Kristin again with her little girl Mary Grace... are they sweet together??? Kristin is also expecting another little baby... they just found out last week that it is a girl too.

Kristin and Ginny Lou tried on the paper bags that some of the girls would have to wear on the scavenger hunt... haha...

Here they are as Egyptian goddess'... haha... love it!!!

When the teams left for the scavenger hunt, Tracy and I stayed back to help Tricia, Ginny Lou, and Kristin get ready for the girl's return and to tidy up the kitchen. Here's Kristin and Tricia making yummy brownies for the girls...

Tricia... the wonder baker woman... haha...

Ginny Lou and I...


Eric gave Mary Grace a taste of the Nutella...

She wasn't quite sure what to think about it... haha... her puckered up face is SO cute!!!

When all the girls returned, they all gathered into the living room and kitchen to watch the pictures on their tv. The team that finished the most directions in time won a prize...

After reviewing the pictures... Kristin held a devotional time that was excellent. She spoke on obedience to God. She used the story of Abraham sacrificing Isaac. Abraham was willing to give full obedience to the Lord, not a partial and half-hearted kind. (Which, as she pointed out, partial or unhappy obedience is disobedience.) We need to obey the Lord in every area of our lives...


Here are a few girls after the devo time...

Kristin and I...

And here's the cutest picture of the whole night... sweet little Mary Grace...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's so weird to think you aren't in Tx anymore!! it sounds like you are having a blast. :) I'm thankful to hear it.

Anonymous said...

What a fun evening!!
Glad to know that you are involved with many other godly women!! GREAT PICTURES!!

Jessica said...

Definitely the cutest picture of the whole night! What a sweetie :) And you look so SKINNY in all of your pictures!!!

*friend jealousy beginning to boil..."

haha...but seriously, you look good :) Must be all that running! LOVED the update and seeing all the pictures! I need to put some of mine up!

CAN'T WAIT to see you in October!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi michelle

In All the Way Acknowledge Him said...

Great pictures..makes me so hungry! I second Jessica's comment you look so SKINNY what in the world girl? I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have quite WW I have little motivation now.

Love ya girl and glad things are going well at school.

Michelle said...

Hey Jess and Camile!!!

Ya'll are so sweet... your SKINNY comments... haha... something about moving away always seems to do it for me... however, I will say... I'm getting skinny for a reason... a not so good reason... I'm still trying to work out the whole eating situation up here... balancing cooking, living in a dorm, and homework... it's hard. However, to ensure that I'm getting my sufficient supply of calories for the week, I tend to stop off at the local custard stand... it's amazing!!! ;-)
But yeah... being off of grains is causing me to drop the weight too... by Christmas time I'll be a little twig! haha... :-)
If you want to lose weight... become allergic to wheat... simple solution. haha...

Love you girls!!!

Jessica said...

Sorry! I do plan to get them up at some point...my body is just terribly messed up after doing night shift for over 2 months. I just can't get a schedule figured out! :( Mark and I both slept like 5 hours in the middle of the day today...we just have the weird work schedules. ANYWAY, I really want to put them up!!! So I'll really try, and just for you. But I work three in a row...sooo...:) We'll see. Thurs, Fri, and Sat night...blah. Hope you are doing well! Love reading your posts and love all the pix! Miss you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails