Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Days 10, 11, 12

This week has FLOWN BY!!! Kyle and I have both been picking up extra shifts at our jobs. I won't lie, this week has been a lot more difficult staying motivated on this diet than last week. This week has been so busy that I haven't had much of a chance to sit down and think through a menu or meal plans. So, we have been eating a LOT of salads... and we're both pretty tired of them. Yesterday was really hard too because I went to hang out with some of my friends and was supposed to bring snacky foods. Well, what snacky foods could I have brought that were cheap and good??? I ended up taking a salad... and had to work on an attitude adjustment!

I'm realizing that eating primarily raw doesn't exactly help in the "hostessing / baking" department. However... I am open to trying new recipes... like there is one for a "raw apple pie" that looks good. It kinda redefines what an apple pie should taste like... but as long as it is enjoyable, I don't mind.

If any of you have any good "raw" recipes that you would like to pass along... I'm all ears. Until then, I will continue to research them and incorporate them into our menus. I find myself living and planning for the one cooked meal of the day... maybe that's not the best! haha...

The Lord is showing me that preparing food is not all about the presentation. I need to humble myself in cooking and realize that it is more important to feed my family (and friends who come over) healthfully, rather than cooking ordinary foods that are unhealthful but look beautiful and puff up my pride! Simple foods can be beautiful though... it just takes a little (or a lot) more effort.

Well, here are some dinners that we have eaten on these days:

Homemade veggie spaghetti with gluten free pasta...

Our favorite yummy potatoes with black beans, sauted onions, and tofu. This was my first try at cooking tofu... I think I need to refine it a little. It was ok but neither one of us were impressed with it.

This is what our snacks look like for work (some days... well, the days I have time to make it look pretty! haha...). This consists of green grapes on the bottom, sliced strawberries, blueberries, and almonds. It was AMAZING!!!

This was my first attempt at making dessert for us. I found some really yummy gluten free, egg free, dairy free cookies at Whole Foods. They were sweetened with fruit juice. I have to admit, they were GOOD!!! We both agreed on it too! Well, I crumbled up part of the cookie on the bottom, made "banana ice cream" (Two frozen bananas mixed in the blender with about a cup of rice milk), and put the leftover cookie on top. It was quite tastey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the banana ice cream recipe! I will make that for my kids. Keep posting.I am enjoying it so much!
Solange

Michelle said...

Of course! I'm glad you're going to try it. I'm sure they'll enjoy it!

I'm glad that you are enjoying reading the posts. That's encouraging! So how are you doing Solange? How's life?

Related Posts with Thumbnails