Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Louisville Fun with Mama and Daddy Roland

On Friday, Kyle's parents drove up to Louisville to spend a couple days with us. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with them and are sad to see them leave. I thought I'd give a pictorial overview of our time together. (Who would have guessed? Pictures? On here? haha...)

After work, Kyle and I went up to school to meet up with his parents.

Family shots...
After leaving the Seminary, we went to the Mongolian Grill for lunch. It was super yummy! Then we went to the Summit to walk around and shop a little.

Mama and Daddy at the Summit.
Kyle and I in front of the beautiful flowers... They keep the Summit looking so nice!

Daddy enjoying his FIRST EVER STARBUCKS! He tried a White Chocolate Mocha, which he really enjoyed!
Mama enjoy her FIRST EVER STARBUCKS! She got a decaf, soy iced caramel macchiato... just like what Kyle and I were drinking. She really liked it too!

We sure enjoyed just relaxing with Kyle's parents!

Back home after dinner, Mama and I cooked away and prepared Greek food for dinner. This was their first try of hummus and falafel... it went over well I think. :-)

On Saturday morning I had to work but Kyle drove them around Louisville showing them various places we like to go. Then they went to Simply Thai for lunch. Mama said she really enjoyed the Pad Thai she got!

Once I was off work we went to Huber Farm in Indiana, where Mama and I went peach picking. We had so much fun in the little country stores and eating at the family style restaurant!

Enjoying fresh made ice cream. (yes, we splurged...) They make all of their fruit ice creams (except cherry) with handpicked fruit from their farm. Kyle got pumpkin flavored and I got peach. Super good!
Daddy and Mama enjoying their ice cream. Daddy got chocolate and Mama got peach.

Mama and I waiting on the tractor-drawn trailer to go pick peaches...

Mama picking peaches...

Me enjoying the peaches... I loved being out there! You could smell the sweetness in the air as you walked under the trees.

Workers were out in the orchards and they were bringing in the peaches by the bushel! They sold them in these cute little baskets in the country store.

Check out this pumpkin! There was also a "talking tree" outside the store's entrance.

Enjoying some country R&R...

Farmers???

Driving back from Hubers we always have to drive past a Catholic church with a huge grave yard. Well, this time as we drove we noticed some chickens were walking around and then we saw their "hair"... I'd never seen a chicken like that in real life before. We made Kyle pull over and Mama and I took off after the chickens... chasing them through the graveyard to take their pictures... haha.. what a sight we must have been to all the neighbors!

They look like they have wigs on!!! I told Mama she needs to put up a picture of this in her beauty shop and say this is what a chicken would look like if she got a hold of it!


Walkin' by the road... after we had scared them off!

haha... this is probably my favorite because they are all walking in a line...

This chicken is probably thinking "what strange humans!!!"... haha!

Our hubbies were waiting so patiently for us as they watched us (with amusement, I'm sure!) run through the graveyard chasing chickens! haha! Gotta love 'em! :-)

Last, but not least, here is a video of Mama and I riding on the trailer, on our way to go pick peaches.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your blog..thanks for posting the pics of the chickens..a funnier pic would be us chasing the chickens through the cemetery. What fun!!!

The Great Adventure said...

Love the pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time! The food sounds great :-). God bless!

Related Posts with Thumbnails