Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

My Homemade Chili

My Mom was asking me for my chili recipe so I decided to post it up here. I've kind of written it out before, but I keep making changes. :-) Here it is:


Michelle's Chili

1 can of Fireroasted Tomatoes* (with medium green chilies)
1 can Kidney beans
1 can White Northern beans
1 can Black beans
1 can Corn
1 chopped Bell pepper
1 chopped medium Onion
4-5 garlic cloves
4 Tomatoes (2 diced, 2 pureed) or one large can diced tomatoes and one small can puree**
Cumin
Chili Powder
Sea Salt
Water (if desired)

Saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic in pot. Add tomatoes and puree. Drain and rinse beans and corn; add to pot, then add seasonings. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.

4-6 servings

*Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes
**Add as many tomatoes as you are in the mood for. I tend to add extra to help stretch it.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails