Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Soaked and Baked Oatmeal

On Saturday night I prepared Soaked and Baked Oatmeal for us to eat on Sunday morning. A friend had given me the recipe for it and she found it on Keeper of the Home's Blog.
I have to admit, Kyle and I LOVED it! It was super simple, and Sunday morning I only had to add a couple more things then throw it in the oven to cook while getting ready for church. I only made a half batch but we ate it for breakfast... and then snacked on it after church, plus had the remaining for dinner. (I know this was not very wise of us to eat so much in one day... but it was just that good!)

Soaked & Baked Oatmeal

12-24 hours before baking, combine:
1 cup oil (or coconut oil, or 1/2 coconut oil & 1/2 butter) I used coconut oil and butter
1/2 - 3/4 cup raw honey
6 cups rolled oats (I used gluten free oats)
1 cup milk
1 cup yogurt

Cover with towel and leave out on counter. (Yes! On the counter!)

The next day add to oiled 9x13 baking dish:
4 eggs, beaten
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. cinnamon (we want to add more next time)

Bake @ 375 for 30-40 minutes; until lightly brown. Serve w/cream. (We ate ours without cream and it was still fantastic!)

**Wondering about why we should soak our grains? There are many articles about this... but here are several helpful ones:

Simple explanation
Nourishing Practices: Soaking Grains Part 1
Nourishing Practices: Soaking Grains Part 2


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails