Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Shopping and Turkey Prep

Tuesday Kyle and I were both off work so we started the day trying out a new restaurant called Wild Eggs that makes only breakfast food. It was very yummy!

Kyle got a breakfast burrito that was excellent and super filling.

I enjoyed eggs, hash browns, and a bowl of fruit (not shown).

Next we went to Hobby Lobby and enjoyed shopping for Christmas decorations.

Mom and I found these adorable little snowmen chefs... perfect for our kitchens for the holidays!

On Wednesday night Mom and I got the turkey ready to cook all night. It turned out really yummy and slightly sweet.

I have to admit I was a little disgusted when I saw the turkey neck still in the bird! Ugh! I told Mom that she would have to pull it out!

A patient where I work told me that when he cooks his turkey he stuffs an apple inside to keep the meat moist. We decided to try it and it gave a light sweetness the meat. I'll definitely be trying that again!

Here is our beautiful bird at 4:30am this morning! We baked it at 500 for one hour and then turned down the heat to 250 and cooked it for five hours. Kyle and I got up during the night to pull it from the oven.

Yeah for Thanksgiving Day preparations!

1 comments:

Your "other" Mother said...

Your Thanksgiving dinner looked great. I know ya'll enjoyed it. That's the way I do my turkey, also.
Love you

Related Posts with Thumbnails