Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

8 Weeks - "Raspberry" Roland


This week our little baby has been growing away. He/she is now about the length/size of a Raspberry or Kidney bean. 

Baby Center says:


"New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. "


As for Mama, this past week (7) has been the first week that we have noticed my belly actually getting bigger and some of my pants are getting snug and uncomfortable. I bought my first pair of maternity shorts and they are so nice! It was fun to see the change happen so quickly in a short matter of time. I guess that accounts for our baby growing steadily. Fatigue has really begun to set in and I don't think I've slept through an entire next, except once, this whole week! Nausea still comes and goes whenever it decides too! 


I've been craving orange juice this week! It's so cool and refreshing! Ahh... I still can hardly choke down eggs... blah... and I've really struggled to cook at all because hardly anything sounds good. When I do cook or we eat out, sometimes I cook or order something that sounds so good but when I get it, it tastes nothing like I thought it would! :-( Beef and fruit have been my friends. We grilled hamburgers this weekend and they were amazing! 


Well, that's about it for this week.


Here's the first picture we've taken where we can see the baby bump beginning to emerge. Now, it's not a very good picture of me because I've been working in our garden... but it gives you an idea. 



2 comments:

Jessica said...

You look so cute!! I can't wait to see you with little baby Roland! And keep these weekly updates coming...love reading them :)

Other Mama from Georgia said...

Thanks for the up-date...Raspberry Roland...has a cute ring to it. When I was pregnant w/ Kyle I craved oranges and orange juice, also and eggs also made me sick..Isn't that something? I love reading your post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails