Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

9 Weeks - Baby "Olive" Roland






In case you're wondering, Baby Roland is starting to make a presence! I have to admit I was elated when Kyle took these pictures this evening. We don't have a full length mirror in our apartment so it was fun to see just how big I have actually gotten.

Here's what Baby Center is saying this week:


"Your new resident is nearly an inch long and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain."


Mommy update: the nausea has definitely set in! It still comes and goes throughout the whole day but mainly rears it's head in the evenings. I have to remind myself that nausea is a good sign... that means our baby is still growing and hormones are increasing. Food aversions are also increasing and cooking has been hard to do this week... basically non-existent! I still cannot hardly stand the thought of eggs and have been drinking a lot of orange juice and cranberry-grape juice. My nose is SUPER sensitive and the slightest smell of something weird or nasty can make me nauseous! Other than that, I don't think there is anything much different from before. I still am not sleeping through the night and so I take naps when I can in the mornings. I am finally able to fit into maternity pants... yay! (Hence the pic above) 


We appreciate your continued prayers for our precious little Baby Roland. We are reminded weekly of how we are unable to keep our baby healthy and strong but that his/her life is sustained by our great God. We cannot wait to hold and kiss all over our little one!

4 comments:

Other Mama in Georgia. said...

Thanks for the pics of Little "Olive Roland". You are so cute, pregnant,and you're just going to get cuter. Tell Baby Roland that Mimi and Papa loves her/him.

Elizabeth said...

I can't believe how big you are already!! I think you're having twins! ;)

Michelle said...

Mama, I just told Baby that y'all love him/her! ;-)

Elizabeth, so twins? Really? We were wondering about that but then I was looking at pics of women with twins about how far along I am and they seemed bigger. however, with my small frame it may be! :-) hopefully we will find out in two weeks when we go for our first appt! Were you showing this much at 9 weeks? We're about the same height.

The Great Adventure said...

Cute little baby bump! You'll love having these pics when you're putting together the baby book : ). I love looking back on mine. Hope the nausea gets better soon! I know it's rough...but it's all worth it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails