Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

15 Weeks - Baby "Apple" Roland




We are now 15 weeks along! Praise the Lord for His continuous strength and protection over our precious little baby. On June 1st we went to our second appointment with our midwife. It went well and we got to hear our baby's heartbeat again. We were excited to hear that it had slowed down a lot since the first time we heard it, which is normal as the baby grows bigger. We were also relieved to know that I am measuring perfectly for just one baby... there had been some questions of maybe twins since I grew so quickly in the beginning.

I have been feeling much better this past week since stopping my vitamins. I think that the added iron in my new supplements was aggravating my system, causing me to get so sick. The midwife said yesterday that my iron levels are "beautiful" so I do not need to continue with extra iron. I still need to follow up with just a normal prenatal now.

This past week seems to be when I finally felt like my belly kind of "popped." People I don't know are now recognizing that I am pregnant. Yay! So the baby seems to be starting his/her growth spurt. Here's what Baby Center is saying about our little one for this week:

"Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds."


It's been fun to hear growing predictions of what gender our baby is going to be. Almost everyone here in Kentucky are emphatically saying that we are having a boy. Even the other day, at Hobby Lobby, the lady at the check out registry, upon hearing that I didn't know the gender yet, quickly gave me the once over and said: "You're having a boy!" I was shocked yet quite intrigued by her prediction, since it lines up with most of the others. A few people are still holding out for a little girl, but Kyle and I are both pretty convinced that it'll probably be a boy. Either way, we will be absolutely thrilled! :-)


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails