Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Before the Cross

This morning I was having a hard time getting my heart into a posture of praise and worship during my Word time. The Lord reminded me of a song I used to play a lot. I pulled it out, listened to it, and my heart quickly changed.

It is, of course, a Sovereign Grace Song. Here are the lyrics:

Before the Cross
by: Jon Payne

Verse 1. My Savior's sacrifice paid for all my sin, so in my suffering I look to the cross again. No need, no want, no trial, no pain can compare to this: the wrath of God, once meant for me, was all spent on Him.

Chorus: Before the cross, I humbly bow. I place my trust in the Savior. Your finished work captures my gaze. You bore the wrath, I know the grace.

Verse 2. In my darkest hour, Your presence is my peace. In my days of joy, Your grace carries me. Jesus, my Great High Priest, the One who pleads for me, my heart is filled with faith in You, here at Calvary on my knees.


No need, want, trial, or pain can compare to Christ taking all my sin and dying on the cross in my place. Because of this understanding, I am to humbly bow my knees and worship Him; for He has captured my gaze. How is it that I get so caught up in trials of this life and lose sight of the glorious gift of Christ? He has paid the ultimate price for me so that I can have peace and joy for all eternity. May His name be praised from my lips!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

I was just listening to that song today! The words are so rich...I love that song. It does get your heart in the right attitude...

Related Posts with Thumbnails