Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

DCG

So last night I had the wonderful opportunity to visit the Dallas Care Group that I was apart of for the last six months. The ladies were meeting to discuss a book we had all been reading: "Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God" by Noel Piper. It's an excellent book and very worth the read it you've never read it.

My time there was bitter/sweet. I really enjoyed seeing each dear friend and it makes me sad that my time with them has now drawn to a close, for the time being. However I have hopes to continue my friendships with them in the future. I felt so loved and cared for as each person listened to the story of God's faithfulness in my life recently. They were so encouraging to me! I was trying to figure out, as I drove home, what it is about these ladies that really attracks me to them? Maybe it's their sweet spirits and love for God's church? Maybe it's their heart to serve others in their care group? Maybe it's their desire to build each other up and encourage others in their walk with the Lord? Maybe it's their transparency in their day-to-day lives? Maybe it's their deep-rooted passion for God? Or maybe it's all of these and many, many more things that I appreciate so much about them!!!

If any of you ladies read this post, know that I love you and will miss seeing you twice a week! My time with you this year was so encouraging and I'm gonna miss ya'll a lot! However, God's ways are right and His plan is perfect! I want His name to be glorified on my lips and I want nothing more than to see His name praised and worshiped!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were such a blessing to all of us, too! Thanks for sharing your heart at women's group. Have a great weekend Michelle!
Lindsey

Related Posts with Thumbnails