Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Encouragement in Romans

This morning I was reading in Romans and found encouragement in some well loved verses. I thought I'd share them with you.

"For there is no distinction: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by His grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by His blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in His divine forbearance He had passed over former sins. It was to show His righteousness at the present time, so that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus." Romans 3:22b-26

I love these verses! God put forward His Son, Jesus, as a propitiation for my sins so that God's righteousness would be revealed! What an amazing God we serve! Also, I really like the terms "divine forbearance"... it reveals the patience of God as He passes over my sins due to the shed blood of His Son. How beautiful our God is!!!

On another note, I received my new Sovereign Grace CD "Come Weary Saints" in the mail today. I'm loving it!!! I've had it playing non-stop since I got it this afternoon. One of my favorite songs so far is "Joy In My Morning." Here are the lyrics:

Verse 1

"When darkness falls

Temptations call

And all around me seems undone

You hear my pleas

Supply my needs

And tell me of Your wondrous love


Chorus

You are the joy in my morning

You're my song of praise

Just like the new day dawning

Flooding my world with grace


Verse 2

Though trials come

And every one

Can take me further from Your truth

You calm my fears

Dry all my tears

And draw me closer, Lord, to You


Bridge

In You there's no shadow of turning

Constant in all Your ways

You're growing my faith and I'm learning to lean

On You all of my days. "

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I found your blog from "Unfurling Flower". I've been debating buying this CD for a while- it looks great. Thanks for posting the lyrics to this song!

Related Posts with Thumbnails