Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

A big turn in life...

It's always interesting when life takes a big turn!!! Well, yesterday I found out about a turn I wasn't expecting!!!

I was telling a friend about this in an e-mail so I thought I'd share it on here too. Yesterday I went to the doctor to hear back from an adrenal test that I had taken back in April and the results were not the best. I tend to get easily exhausted and run down... well, evidently my adrenal glands are not working very well. The test I took tested my adrenal levels four times throughout the day. All four results were depressed and two of the four times my levels were not even measurable on the chart... so I have a lot of changes to be made to my lifestyle and diet! My doctor also thinks that I am hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) and that I may also be allergic to wheat, rye, oat, barley, and other grain glutens... so she wants me to cut those out of my diet. (yikes!)

One of the main causes for adrenal problems is stress... she doesn't think I should work full-time right now and that I need lots of rest. (Some people who's levels are really low she takes out of work for two months!) When I told her I was hoping to go back to school this fall she suggested that I not take a full load, take morning classes only, come home and rest during the afternoon, and not work.

Well, all of ya'll who know me well can figure out that this will take a lot of effort on my part to rest this much!!! I love to be on the go... hence why I've allowed my body to get so run down, I guess. But my doctor was really concerned about me. She said that it was alarming for someone my age to have such low readings on this test.

As many of you probably know, our adrenal glands are what fight off disease and sickness in our bodies... so if mine are super run down... my body doesn't have that natural defence against things. It is very dangerous for our adrenal glands to not be working properly!

This is definitely something that can be turned around! Thankfully my doctor found this in time before my adrenals stopped working all together! However, the recovery time can take up to a year and a half or two years...

All this to say, I don't know what my life will look like for the next few months... but I'm sure God will give me direction.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Michelle, I was so sorry to hear about the results of your tests but am grateful you'll be able to get some rest. I'll be praying for you. I know it's not easy. I've actually been going through a lot of the same things physically so I can definitely relate. Love ya, Elisa

Michelle said...

Thanks girl! Yeah, it's definitely going to call for a new way of life for sure!!! :-) Maybe we can bounce ideas off each other! :-)

Anonymous said...

Jefe says....

I know the news is a bit unsettling, but it doesn't sound like anything a long day at Six Flags couldn't cure. A couple dozen rounds on some of those rides should get the ol' adrenals kickin' in quite nicely. Ha!

S+S Kline said...

Hey Michelle! I'm so sorry to hear this news, but I will most definitely be praying for a complete turnaround and for you to be able to take this time to rest...sounds like you really could use it! :) Above all, I will pray that God might be glorified all the more through this trying time in your life. Miss you and am really enjoying reading your blog! Keep us posted!

Love,
Sarah Kline (Williams) :)

Nicole said...

Hey Michelle. I had no idea. Wow. I'm really sorry that you are having to go through this. Maybe this is God's way of making you slow down a little and rest. :) I love you. And you know that you can always tell me no and I won't get my feelings hurt.
I love you and will be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Michelle
I will be praying for you! Love you!!
Solange

ruminations of a redhead said...

Hey Michelle,
Sorry to hear about this! Want you to know I'll be praying for you. Please keep me posted!
"But thanks be to God, who in Christ ALWAYS leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of Him everywhere." 2 Cor. 2:14
Love ya girl!

Anonymous said...

hey Michelle-

Diana had filled me in on this and then I read your blog. I remember you starting that test at our house! What surprising results--I hope that you are able to have time of rest. We'll be praying for the Lord to renew your strength.

Lindsey

Michelle said...

Oh that's right, Lindsey! I forgot about starting my test at your house that morning! haha... how funny!!! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails