Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Uprising 2008

This weekend Boyce College had their first ever Fall Student Retreat. It's usually held in the spring but this past spring it got snowed out so they switched it to this fall. However, we almost didn't have it at all due to the Hurricane destruction and power outage! The retreat center we were supposed to go to in Indiana had to cancel on us due to damage from the storm so we had to switch last minute to have the retreat at a church nearby the school. It was so much fun! We crammed three speaker sessions into last night... our speaker was Aaron Coe from New York. He is a church planter who grew up in Louisville and recently moved to NY to plant a church.

His messages were excellent! He was really encouraging us to pursue the vision for ministry that God has given us here and now; to not just wait till we graduate from seminary, but rather fulfill that calling and vision now!

I posted some pictures from the night on my facebook. Here is a link to them:

Uprising 2008 Pictures

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I totally just saw that you wrote me on my blog. I haven't checked it in forever! lol. I'm such a bad blogger, xanga-er, facebooker, etc.
I'm doing great! How are you? I miss you too. YOu must let me know when you're in town again so that maybe you can squeeze one evening in with me. :)

Love you.

p.s. YOu might want to respond to this on facebook. I check that more than I check this blog. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails