Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

When Simple Things Count...

In the past three days I have been overwhelmed by the goodness of God as He has once again faithfully provided for me in so many ways! On Sunday, I felt really bad and had hardly any strength. I also had a few knots on my neck that I had begun to notice a couple days before. While they had been on the left side of my neck, I noticed Sunday morning that there were now a couple on my right side.

I was unable to go to church that morning, but afterwards I talked with Kyle on the phone and told him about the new knots on my neck. We decided that I needed to go in to the doctor to get them checked out. He picked me up and we went to Baptist East Urgent Care. Upon arriving they took all my vital signs and we found out that I had a fever. They initially tested me for Strep Throat, which I found interesting because I've had it many times and I've never had knots like these on my neck. That test came back negative. Next, they said they were going to draw some blood. That's when I started getting a little nervous.

They tested my blood for mono and the results came back positive. Kyle and I praised the Lord that it wasn't any worse than that. The lumps on my neck were swollen lymph glands up and down my neck, starting with a really large, tight knot up under my left jaw. I have had time now to become acquainted with the fever I was experiencing. Supposedly it can last for 7-10 days. I am now on day three and it seems to be setting up a pattern. I awake and go to sleep with a fever, but in the middle of the day it goes down. Odd pattern, I know, since you don't normally have fever in the morning! The swollen lymph nodes and other symptoms can last for about a month, and weakness and fatigue can last for weeks after that. So it looks like I will be spending my holidays primarily inside, sleeping, resting, and resting some more!

One of my main concerns about staying in Louisville and being confined to my dorm room these next few weeks until Christmas was if I would have the energy to cook for myself. Not only do I need to get A LOT of sleep, but I also need proper nutrition in order for my body to have the strength to fight off this sickness. This is where I've been so overwhelmed at God's provision! My college pastor's wife, Lydia, contacted me on Sunday, asking how she could help me (Kyle had text them, telling them I have mono). I mentioned my concern about being able to cook and she promptly got in contact with some women from our church and set up meals to be brought in to me for most of this week. I am so grateful for this! Thank you Lydia! However, not only have these people brought in food, but I have also received bags of groceries from different people, people offering to pick things up for me, tea bags, Christmas magazines, etc... I am overwhelmed at the thoughtfulness of people and how much everyone is going out of their way to take care of me!

Thank you to everyone who has gone to the store for me, made me dinner, picked up dinner, thought to include reading material and tea bags, notes, etc... this means SO much to me and I stand humbled and amazed at my heavenly Father who understands our smallest needs and meets them. Saying "thank you" seems so insufficient to describe what I feel right now! Please just know that I am so grateful for each of you. I am truly blessed!

I also want to say "thank you" to my sweet boyfriend, Kyle. Babe, you are so awesome to stand by me through this, talking with me, praying with me and for me, encouraging me with scripture, being patient, offering to help, bringing me things, taking me to the doctor, etc... you are one special guy and I appreciate you SO much! Thank you, thank you! I can't wait till I'm well so I can hang out with you in person. Until then, skype is our best friend! :-) hehe...

1 comments:

Wendy said...

Michelle:
I am so sorry to hear about your mono but am grateful that the church is coming to your aid. Praying for quick healing and God's sufficient grace. Rest much and well. Love, Wendy

Related Posts with Thumbnails