Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Update on Life Before Our Wedding


Hey All!

Sorry it's been a while again. Life has been crazy busy with work, packing to move, and wedding plans! However, I'm home tonight trying to rest up, so I thought I would take some time to update you on our lives.

We are 12 DAYS AWAY FROM OUR WEDDING!!! We are so excited! Kyle and I get the keys to our new apartment in two days, on Wednesday night. We'll hopefully be able to move a couple loads over that night, then on Thursday Kyle is getting a couple friends to help him move all of our big furniture, clothes, books, etc... I'll be working Thursday from about 8:30am to 7:00pm so I'll only be able to help that night. But I'll be off Friday while Kyle is at work so I'll be able to unpack boxes and start setting up our first home together. Woo hoo!

Early Saturday morning we leave for Texas. It'll be another 15 hour drive, but it will be so worth it! We'll be able to go to church with my parents on Sunday and see everyone. Then next week I have a pretty full week planned out with a bachelorette party, bridesmaid luncheon, etc... and Kyle will be having his bachelor party on Friday, the day before the wedding.

Preparations for the wedding are going well. I have a few things to catch up on here but almost everything is about done. One of my main goals for this week (besides moving!!!) is getting our wedding programs printed. Hopefully that will happen the early part of this week!

Prayer request: the last several days my throat has been sore and now I've found a couple swollen lymph nodes on my neck. I was sure last night and this morning that I was coming down with mono again! I had a really bad bought of it back in December and I had heard that if your body never completely heals, it is easy to contract it again. Well, this morning I went to our emergency care place in town (since I have yet to find a primary care physician!) and they ran blood work on me. The doctor thought I may be having a small flare up of mono, but it's definitely not the full thing, praise the Lord!

However, my body is obviously exhausted and fighting to stay healthy so rest is definitely top priority over the next two weeks before our wedding! How that's going to happen with packing, moving, working, unpacking, packing again for the trip to Texas and honeymoon, topped off with a 15 hour car ride to Texas, and a week packed full of things to do before the wedding, I don't know! But I will certainly be trying to take every opportunity to relax and rest!

Also, today Kyle started feeling sick! :-( He's exhausted too and there's been times when he doesn't even have energy to get out of bed. There's a stomach bug going around and we're hoping he hasn't caught that! So he is at home resting tonight as well, trying to give his body time to fight whatever is going on with him!

So, if you think of us over the next two weeks, your prayers will be MUCH appreciated because we are definitely seeing that planning a wedding, moving, and traveling to Texas for that wedding, cannot be done in our own strength. Our bodies are but dust and it is only through the Lord's strength that we will be able to endure till June 13th! Thank you for your prayers!

Well, I'm gonna start working on some other things I need to get done before the wedding... while I relax (haha!)...

1 comments:

Sean John said...

Hey, I'm really excited for both of you! May the grace of God bless you guys as this big day comes soon. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails