Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Days 6, 7, 8 and 9

Wow! I can't believe I'm so far behind! I'm so sorry that I have slacked off the last few days. Well, we are still on the diet and moving along great! We are thriving on our new eating lifestyle and enjoying the benefits of eating healthfully.

One thing Kyle has really begun to notice is more energy when he wakes up in the mornings. It's not as hard to drag ourselves out of bed. Woo hoo! We've also noticed that after we slipped up a little bit by having some cheese over the weekend due to eating out, we felt worse after eating it and Sunday afternoon I felt horrible! However, as soon as we returned to eating mainly raw again we felt tremendously better.

So what have we been eating?

Well, after work on Saturday, I made us some yummy chili. I found the recipe in the Hallelujah Diet book and was surprised at how good it was! Kyle really enjoyed it too! We crushed up some tortilla chips on top... talk about comfort food!

Sunday we were invited after church by one of my professors from Boyce to go out to lunch with his family and some mutual friends. We went to Red Robin. We had a wonderful time with them and enjoyed the fellowship. Kyle and I got Caesar salad wraps... they were excellent, however the cheese and wheat did me in! My lips are still broken out. But they sure were good! haha...

That afternoon, the community group we had visited had a cookout at a couple's house in Indiana. While they ate hotdogs and hamburgers, we ate salad and black bean and mango salsa that we had taken. It was hard for Kyle to watch all the guys eating their meat, but in the end it was so worth feeling good. Kyle was a trooper and I'm so proud of him!

Yesterday, Monday, my office took me out to lunch for my birthday to Jason's Deli. They have an All You Can Eat Salad Bar which is AMAZING!!! I got a huge salad that was very satisfactory! Then last night we had left over chili.

Today, our day off, we ran some errands, and since today is "grocery day" for this week, we grabbed a bite to eat out. Kyle had never been to Jason's Deli before so we went there and he really enjoyed it! I tried their red pepper hummus with some spelt crackers they offer on the salad bar, along with my salad... it was incredible! I fell in love with it from the first bite! They also have an amazing bean salad... very good!

My Salad today from Jason's Deli... look at all that yummy FRESH goodness!!! My tummy approves! haha...

Tonight for dinner I made an herb rice recipe from the Hallelujah Diet book, with asparagus, and yellow squash that our neighbors gave us from their garden. Even though this seems to be a bland meal, it was still very filling and satisfying!

Well... this is what we've been eating for the last few days... hope it is inspiring to others who would like to seek out more healthy options for their family's table!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

The food looks awesome! I'm so inspired :) Think I'll be calling you for recipe/cooking tips. Yeah for the Hallelujah diet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails