Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Day 5 - My 25th Birthday

Day 5 was different than any of the other days because it was my birthday! Kyle and I got up early that morning and headed to Madison, Indiana where we spent the morning and part of the afternoon. It's only about an hour from Louisville, so it was a nice day trip. The scenery driving over was beautiful!




Here are a few snapshots from our trip:


The beautiful landscape of Kentucky...
Rolling hills... cloudy skies... lush greenery...

The side of a barn... we thought this was pretty cool! No offense U of L fans!!! We aren't going blue... :-)

The Ohio River
A barge going up the river pushing a load of coal.
The bridge, crossing over into Indiana.

When we got to Madison and began walking up and the Main street, enjoying the little shops, we began to notice a trend. In Louisville, the big thing is statues of horses all over the city painted different colors and with various "paintings" on them. It's unique and a lot of fun. Well, Madison has a similar tradition... except, with pigs!

and our favorite pig....
She's a giraffe... haha!!! I thought this was too cute!!! She was outside a chocolate factory.
After we left Madison, we returned home, rested, then headed out for some yummy dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in town: Simply Thai. We had a great time of fellowship and enjoyed yummy vegan food!

Me, Kyle, Jason, Jenny

Jenny, Becky, Me

Our staple... Pad Thai... (with tofu)

Fresh Spring Rolls... the white casing you see is a sticky wrap that you eat... very yummy! The sauce has honey in it, sprinkled with peanuts.

For dessert: mango sticky rice pudding... very yummy!

Kyle, Me, Becky, Jenny, Jason (We missed you Mike!)

The girls... awww.....

My sweet honey and I... Can't get much better than this!
Jenny and her sweet hubby Jason...

Becky's hubby, Mike, wasn't able to be there because of work... so I took a picture with her... of course, I can't replace him though!

A good end to the night!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

What a fun birthday! Love the pictures of you and Kyle...very cute :)

The Great Adventure said...

You two are so funny...you newlyweds, you! :-) (referring to the video) Looks like you had a fun birthday, Michelle! I'm jealous about the Thai food...when I lived there the dessert was one of my favorites!! So good! I love phad thai, too. Thai food is great! I miss it! God bless!

Mom said...

I remember you and Kyle taking me to that place! The food was delious!! I am glad you had fun!!
Hope we can take Dad there when we come to visit sometime!! :-))
Love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails