Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Life in the Ville

This week has flown by! So much has been going on. It's been a really wonderful week! We started off the week by going to a baby shower for a couple in our care group at church on Sunday afternoon. It was so much fun spending time with other couples and people in our group, enjoying fellowship together and the excitement of the upcoming baby.

Then Tuesday, on my day off, I met up with a new friend who is in our care group as well. Her baby and I have similar allergies so we enjoyed exchanging recipes, food ideas, etc... all the while getting to know each other better. She was a great encouragement to me as I listened to her, watched her with her two little girls, and talked of various topics together. I greatly respect her and I'm so excited to get to know her better this semester.

Tuesday night I went to Pendergraph up at the Seminary. Pendergraph is basically the women's ministry for women connected to Southern. It's one night a month that women from Southern (seminary wives, students, faculty wives) can come together and enjoy spending time in fellowship together. I always leave so encouraged by the people I have met and talked with!

Wednesday I worked all day and Thursday I worked all day, but then Thursday night my Seminary Wives Class started. I was SO excited to be going and sitting in on class. I've begun to really miss being in class as I've seen a number of my friends up here start back to school. So being able to be apart of SWI has been such an exciting blessing! Last night was wonderful! Mrs. Mohler taught the first session and she was so fun to watch. She has a great personality, is very down to earth; sweet and kind. She spoke on our calling as wives to men who feel called to ministry. It was so encouraging and convicting all at the same time. As wives we hold such an important role in our husbands ministries. Also, God has uniquely gifted each of us wives to be the perfect mate and helper for our husbands and their particular ministry. We also get the joy of taking that ministry on as our own ministry with him. It's not just his that we watch from the sidelines... it becomes our ministry together. It is our job as wives to encourage, uplift, and strengthen our husband's ministries by being the godly wife that God has called us to be. I look forward to all that I will be learning this semester. I'm sure I'll be sharing more over the next weeks!

This morning I had the joy of going to Starbucks with a friend from Boyce, Sarah. She and another mutual friend of ours (also named Sarah) moved into the apartment beneath Kyle and I so we are now neighbors as well! It was so good to catch up on life with her! She has such a sweet and enthusiastic personality and spirit. I'm looking forward to spending more time with her in the future and getting to know each other better! Yay for having friends as neighbors!

Sarah and I

This evening, Friday night, is our weekly date night. I get the privilege of planning it this week so I'm trying to think of creative (free) things to do that are fun and different. I'll try to post pictures soon of what we end up with!

1 comments:

The Great Adventure said...

I wish I were able to sit on those ministry wives talks. Sounds so good! Soak it up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails