Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Ninth and O's Single's Retreat


Yesterday and today Kyle and I had the privilege of joining Ninth and O Baptist Church's Single's Retreat. Phillip, the Single's Pastor, asked Kyle to lead worship for the weekend. Kyle excitedly accepted the offer and has enjoyed spending time praying and thinking through the songs to sing. We arrived at the retreat grounds, Wooded Glen Retreat Center, in Henryville, Indiana yesterday and the sessions started that evening.

The theme of the weekend was "One Life, One Story"... teaching singles how to engage in personal evangelism here in the states, as well as internationally. Phillip pulled together a great team of young leaders from here in Louisville to speak. We were all very blessed by the main sessions and break out sessions. I'll be posting on them more once I've had a chance to go through my notes and pull together my thoughts.

Probably the most exciting part for me about this weekend was being there with my husband and watching him lead people in worshiping God through song. He did such a great job and I am so proud of him!!! He even asked me to sing backups on one song with him, which was so much fun to join him in his passion.

Here are a few snap shots from the weekend. I've uploaded many more on facebook if you want to check them out here:

Facebook link

I believe you have to log into your facebook account to access these pictures.

My hubby and I walking around the retreat grounds...

The backside of the retreat center... so pretty!

Some new friends we made. Adam and Andi were missionaries overseas for a couple years and are hoping to go back. We really enjoyed getting to know them.

Kyle getting ready to lead worship...

More to come from our weekend...

1 comments:

Mom in Texas said...

Michelle & Kyle-
Dad and I enjoyed your pics! Both facebook and here! Grateful for a fun weekend!! We look forward to hearing more details!! Love you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails