Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Visiting Family

My parents drove in from Texas on this past Friday night and they are staying with us until this coming Saturday morning. We are so excited that they are here and we are enjoying our time with them. Kyle was blessed to have Monday and Tuesday off... and I've had today, Tuesday, off as well so we have been able to spend some good quality time with my parents. Tomorrow, while Kyle and I are at work, my Mom will be cooking; preparing for Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, and shopping.

My Dad LOVES to collect books! He is always finding great deals at Half Price Books. He has been collecting a stash to bring Kyle when they came. When he mentioned bringing a few books, I thought it would be maybe 5-6... however, he brought him a whole box full!

Here's Dad showing him the books...

I loved watching Kyle and Dad chatting and it meant so much to me that Kyle was able to appreciate and enjoy the same things as my Dad.

Bonding time... :-)

Another thing my parents brought us was a beautiful Christmas tree that my Mom had found in a garage sale for $7! You would never know that it was used though because it is still so lush and full! We are so excited about it!

Kyle and I decorating our tree.

Mom and Dad were so sweet to help us out!

Here it is all decorated! We don't have many ornaments yet, but we did buy a few with my parents at Wal-Mart and Hobby Lobby. I'd rather it be a simple tree anyway... and I'm sure over the years we will have more than plenty of ornaments! We love our tree!

3 comments:

cassandra said...

Would your parents consider adopting us? This is so sweet, Michelle. Enjoy the rest of your week.

your "other" Mother said...

Oh, I bet Kyle loved all the books! I'm excited just looking at your tree. It is so beautiful! I can't wait until we see ya'll at Christmas.
I love ya'll.

The Great Adventure said...

The tree looks beautiful! I saw some really cute ornaments at the dollar tree, too...if you ever want to get more. Hope you guys have a great holiday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails