Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Ideas...

As I've been looking for more Thanksgiving Day ideas for food and decorations, I came across a post on GirlTalk from a few days ago. This link takes to you a post where Nicole lists some ideas that they do on Thanksgiving; including a link to their menu and a couple recipes.

Also, back in October they had a fall decorations contest. One of the table decorations is of several apples with a small hole cored in the top where you can place tea light candles. I thought this was a cute and cheap idea. I may do this myself for our special day. :-)

Here's a Pumpkin Brownie Recipe that I found that looks really yummy and that I might tweak so that we can eat it.

Lastly, here is a blog post I found from last year about creating a wonderful Thanksgiving meal gluten and dairy free... exactly what I'm looking for!

Here are a few pictures from last year's Thanksgiving Day in Texas that Kyle and I spent with my family:


Me, my Grandmother, my Mom... three generations cooking together for the holidays! This is my first year in 25 years that I won't be able to be in Texas, spending the holidays with my grandparents... wow... how life moves on! I'm so excited though that my parents are joining us here in Kentucky for Thanksgiving! It will be so special to have family around and we look forward to hopefully spending Christmas with Kyle's parents!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Yeah for fun holiday ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails