Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Crockpotting

I've been struggling the last few weeks with dinner preparations after we get home from work. If we're trying to get out of the house, it's hard to wait for an hour to an hour and a half on dinner preparations! So, I've made up my mind to try some new crockpot recipes. My goal is to make Tuesday and Thursday nights our crockpot nights. We'll see how it goes!

So today I've been searching for some good, nutritional, gluten/diary free recipes. I have come across several that I want to try as well as one website that looks very beneficial. Check it out!

A Year of Slow Cooking - Gluten Free

A couple of her recipes that I want to try are :

Pasta Fagioli

Broccoli Beef


The Nourishing Gourmet also has this yummy looking recipe:

Crockpot Chicken Quinoa


Today I threw in the crockpot some steak that I had in the freezer, along with potatoes, carrots, and onions. I have my crockpot cooking up at work and my plan is just to transport the crockpot with our dinner in it up to school tonight to meet Kyle to study. We'll see how it fares!

Do you have any good crockpot recipes?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I've been wanting to try a good crock pot recipe! Let me know how yours turn out :)

Anonymous said...

We get whole chickens from our CSA, and one of my favorite ways to cook them is to put one in the crockpot with a chopped onion or two, some chopped carrots, celery (if I have them on hand) and some salt and pepper, and one cup of water. I cook it on low about 7 hours and then have some some really concentrated broth to use in soup, lots of meat, and veggies for soup or whatever. I just shred the meat with a fork and use it for an easy addition to quinoa, rice, lentils, enchiladas, salad...whatever I am making.

(p.s. this is Kelly :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails