Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Quinoa, Spit-up, Organization... hmm... guess that's life!

So this past week I tried cooking quinoa for the first time. We had that along with our mexican style salmon. It was GREAT! Kyle even asked for a second helping! :-) Quinoa is a simple, gluten free grain, and I cooked it in vegetable stock. Unlike rice, which takes about an hour to cook, quinoa cooks in about 15 minutes! I roasted the kernels before cooking it which added great flavor to the dish. Topped off with flavorful salmon, we had a definite hit!

My weekdays have been fun and filled with "ooo's," raspberries being blown, big baby smiles, spit-up, loud burping, bottles, nap times and diapers! Yes, I love my job as a full-time nanny! Aeden is such a sweet little boy to watch and is so mild tempered! Haha...  right now my jacket is in the washer because I found a big wet spot on the back left sleeve from spit-up... how on earth did it get back there?!?! I have no idea! Of course, the black sleeve of my shirt now happily sports two more spit-up spots where Aeden decided my shirt needed some added color! :-)

Being a full-time nanny has been wonderful for me in preparing me to be a mother one day! Coming from a lifestyle of constantly going and doing, sitting around all day with a baby has been more of an adjustment than I thought! I'm learning to be creative in how I spend his nap times, while the house is quiet. I think I have definitely noticed the need for a "to-do" list for my day or else I'll waste too much time on facebook, blogs, and even reading, while he is asleep.

As to our evenings and weekends, now that Kyle is studying every night, I'm hoping to start working on organizing several different areas in our home that need constant attention. This will require a lot of discipline and creativity for me... neither one of those come naturally for me! :-) If any of ya'll know tips for optimizing small spaces, please feel free to leave me a comment! My sweet friend, Cassandra, sent me a link this morning for this blog post. I can totally relate to this gal's kitchen and I frequently do the "balancing act" of placing pots, pans, plates, etc... on the little area of the sink that she talks about! If you don't remember what our apartment looks like, here are some pictures I posted after we moved in, almost eight months ago. It'll give you an idea of the kitchen. I must say, our apartment is on it's third or fourth "look" since these pictures were taken! I love to move furniture around...

I hope that everyone is doing well. We miss our family and friends in Texas and Georgia! Hopefully it won't be too long before we can see ya'll!

2 comments:

The Great Adventure said...

Ikea has great organization for small places. I love it! My Mom also passed on the idea of storing a few things, like my muffin pan that won't fit anywhere else, in the oven while it's not in use. It's worked well to help keep the area clearer. In reference to your free time...what I wouldn't give for time to relax and read during the day! : ) I think it's good to enjoy it sometimes even though you might need to do some to-do-ing at times. This is a great season of life for you!

Michelle said...

Storing stuff in the oven is a great idea! I've been putting my stone in there but hadn't thought of muffin pans! That's great!

Thanks for the reminder to enjoy this season of life! I do enjoy it, but it's easy for me, as a planner, to want to have everything "set"... instead of easily going with the flow. It's an interesting medium for me to learn because I get exhausted when I'm busy all the time, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong when I'm chilled. I guess that's why women need to learn to adapt to each season of life. :-)

I know that one day I will look back on this season and which I could just relax!

Related Posts with Thumbnails