Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

12 Weeks - Baby "Plum" Roland


Well, here we are at the anticipated week 12 of our pregnancy journey. Most miscarriages happen within the first 12 weeks so once a mother moves past this week she can give a sigh of relief. However, this does not mean there will not be further complications, it's just that the chance of them goes down. We are continuing to pray for safety and health for our baby and are so grateful to the Lord for His mercies thus far!


Here's the update on Baby Roland for this week from Baby Center:


The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long and weighs half an ounce. 



Mommy Update: This past week (11) I have noticed a true decrease in my nausea. It started waning in week 10 but week 11 was when I  really started noticing how much better I was feeling! I still have light nausea in the evenings but not as bad as a couple of weeks ago. For that I am SO very grateful! We are also noticing that my belly is starting to get firmer. That's exciting although I still look like I've way over-indulged in desserts recently! This week (12) I have started staying home as a full-time wife/mommy-to-be. I am thrilled to be home and to have these next few months to rest, plan, and prepare for our coming baby! I've enjoyed looking for fabrics to (hopefully) make nursery blankets, curtains, etc... for the baby's room and spending time day-dreaming about if our baby is a boy or girl and getting excited about the prospect of either one. 


I'm beginning to think through our birthing plan and a friend has loaned me a couple books to read on the Bradley method and natural birthing. I am very excited to begin reading and gaining knowledge about this wonderful gift of bearing children that God has given women. I also realized today that any birthing classes we take need to be done this summer while Kyle is not in school because I've been told we'll have homework. :-) So, I need to get focused and start planning things out. I feel like I am still in the mode of "I have plenty of time to get things figured out closer to the birth" ... which I do have a lot of time... but it will go fast. Especially our summer!


That's it for this week! Thank you for your continued prayers as well for Baby Roland. We are so excited to see who this person will be and how he/she will serve the Lord and His kingdom! 

2 comments:

Georgia Mom said...

I am getting so excited. I'm ready to get to know Baby Roland. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date!

Jessica said...

yay for week 12! I'm sure all your curtains and blankets for the baby will be so cute :) And I'm glad you are now a stay at home mommy! What a blessing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails