Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

13 Weeks - Baby "Peach" Roland




Looks like we have ourselves a little Georgia Peach on our hands this week! :-) (Sorry if you're a boy, sweet Baby, we won't call you a peach once you're born!) So I was amazed this week to see that our baby is almost 3 inches long! The Bump says that the average baby at this week is 2.9 inches long. Wow! Baby Center says it's the size of a medium shrimp. :-) I feel like our baby is really growing now. This is my last week to be in my first trimester (yay!!!) and I have continued to enjoy less nausea. I can't wait for it to be all gone! 

To see what a baby looks like at week 13, click here.

Here's what Baby Center says for this week:

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

Here's what the Bump says: 

Your [baby] is forming teeth and vocal cords...savor this, their nonfunctional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with his head now only one third the size of his body. And intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy -- much more convenient.

Mommy Update:
Well, my belly continues to grow steadily. I'm able to not only wear maternity pants (been in them since 9 weeks!) but I'm now able to wear a few maternity shirts as well. Also, I have switched from using the Whole Foods brand prenatal (that my midwife pointed out did NOT contain DHA!) to a great multi-vitamin from Shaklee called Vitalizer + Iron. It "provides the best spectrum of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, anti-aging phytonutrients, omega-3 fatty acids, and probiotics." [Shaklee's Site] This was recommended to me by a "blogger friend" who I e-mailed to ask her advice about what she takes in her pregnancies. She advised me about what her midwife has her taking. She also recommended Alfalfa from Shaklee. Not knowing what Alfalfa was good for, I asked her about it. She replied with: "Alfalfa... wow... good for so much! Helps with gentle daily detoxification, circulation, preventing nausea, suppling an abundance of trace minerals, including Vitamin K, supports the additional blood volume of a pregnant mama, prevents swelling and edema, a natural deoderizer, a natural antihistamine...  aids digestion..." That was good enough for me! She also mentioned a couple others that she takes but I decided to try these first two for starters. I've been taking them this week and I'll let you know what I think about them in time, once they get in my system. So far, I love them! 

As far as cravings, I'm sad to say that I've had this crazy craving for.... COKE!!! Seriously? Come on now, Baby... haha... I haven't drank coke for about 5-6 years except for random occasional times. Why the craving? I'm happy to say that I have not indulged on normal coke (although I did try an IBC root beer that didn't seem as bad... haha... it was horribly sweet with all the corn syrup... gag!) but I have tried a few of the "natural sodas" that contain no corn syrup or normal sugars. We love Steaz sparkling green tea root beer. Sounds funky but it is SO good and tastes like root beer! 

Well, that's it for this week. Next Tuesday, June 1st, we go back to our midwife to check on Baby Roland. Please be praying with us that he/she will be growing just fine. We're excited to see how much we've grown and hopefully hear the heartbeat again!

3 comments:

Georgia Mom said...

In other words...a half of a Georgia peach? Enjoyed reading your post..it's amazing and exciting!!!!!

Jessica said...

So exciting!! I love your update :) Can't wait to hear about your next visit. Love you and am praying for you and baby!

"Texas Mom" said...

I am sure that Baby Roland will be as sweet as a peach!! I CAN Hardly wait to hold that sweet little bundle!! :-))

Related Posts with Thumbnails