Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

16 Weeks - Baby "Avocado" Roland


This week our little baby is about the length of an avocado! Yay! Baby Center says:

"Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop."


I was so excited this week to find a new pregnancy website to help me through the pregnancy. I've been referring to the Bump and Baby Center, however, on the radio I heard a lady talking about how she used Baby Fit during her pregnancy. I checked it out and have really enjoyed browsing what they have to offer. They provide a meal plan and food tracker, an exercise tracker (and pictures of various exercises to do), help for future breast feeding, etc... Any of you who are reading this and expecting, check it out. It's worth the time to browse through it! 


Here is a picture they offer of approximately what our baby looks like right now:


Isn't that amazing how developed he/she is??? I stand in awe of the Lord when I contemplate the true mystery of how He as Creator creates us! What wisdom He alone holds and uses in forming each individual baby. He alone knows everything about our baby... He knows the gender, the hair color, eye color, future height/weight/build, etc... all things we are dying to know now! God has already planned out our Baby's life. I pray that our child's heart will be quickly turned to the Lord and that he/she will use his/her life to honor our Savior and Creator! 


At our last midwife appointment, she told us that within the next month we should start feeling the baby move. I'm excited for those first few times when we are able to determine that what I am feeling is indeed our precious little one! I also cannot wait until Kyle will be able to place his hand on my belly and feel his child move beneath his hand. He could not be a more proud Daddy at the thought of this little baby! I am so blessed to have a husband who is just as excited about the coming of our little baby as I am! He will make a wonderful Dad and I am so excited to see him hold the baby!


Mommy Update: I have been feeling pretty good this past week. I'm eating a ton and sleeping a lot, but I'm also starting to exercise. Now that I'm feeling more like myself, it has increased my desire to cook, walk, workout, and in general, enjoy life. I think I'm finally starting to feel the freedom of the second trimester. Praise the Lord!


Well, that's about it for this week!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Great update! So glad you are feeling more like yourself and able to do a lot :) LOVE THE LITTLE BABY PICTURE! It's the coolest thing that that is inside of YOU! What a miracle :) Praise Jesus!

Georgia Mom said...

I get so excited when you up-date your blog...we are on our way!!!!!!I can't wait to meet our baby!!!!

Texas "Mom" said...

I also get excited when you update weekly!!!

Kay, I am standing behind you in line to hold that SPECIAL GIFT FROM THE LORD!! ( MOVE QUICKLY IN THAT LINE!!! HAHAHA j/k :-)))) )

Related Posts with Thumbnails