Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

18 Weeks - Baby "Sweet Potato" Roland



As week 18 quickly passes by, I figured I had better blog about it before we pass on to the next week. This week has been very busy, but good. I am definitely learning what my body will and will not allow me to do! There have been a couple days that I have learned the hard way that I have overdone myself and not rested enough. The heat has been taking a toll on my pregnancy and energy levels so staying inside is definitely a must for most of the time. I did enjoy an afternoon at the pool with a pregnant friend and that was fun!   

I am still waiting to feel the baby start moving. There is one evening that I felt a gurgling in my lower abdomen but then a burning sensation so I'm not sure if that was the baby and then a muscle spasm or what exactly. Hopefully soon our little baby will start showing himself/herself to us! 

Here is what the Bump is saying about this week:
Your fetus has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to you), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby's finally big enough that you'll be able to feel those movements soon.

Baby Center says: 
Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

We are so excited about the progress of our baby and continue to pray for the health and growth of him/her! 



1 comments:

The Great Adventure said...

It amazed me when I had my ultrasound around 19 weeks. I could see Sophie jumping around inside of me and couldn't feel a thing! But not much later she would move so much...everyone could see it! I could see and arm or a leg just roll across my tummy. I loved it! I know you'll enjoy it, too! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails