Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

24 Weeks - Baby "Corn Cob" Roland

Our sweet little girl is now weighing in at over a pound! We had our 6 month appointment today with our midwife and everything looks great. Praise the Lord! When the midwife placed the device on my belly to hear her heartbeat, she promptly kicked it! haha! We all smiled at our daughter's personality already coming out! haha... something else she likes to kick is the mattress beneath me when I'm trying to sleep. When I lay on my side, some nights she starts kicking/punching at whatever is in her way! She obviously doesn't like to be disturbed from her nice comfy quarters! hehe...

Here is what Baby Center is saying about her for this week:

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.


 I asked my midwife today where we were going from here... meaning, what will be changing/happening in appointments from here on out. Well, for starters, I have to go in three weeks for my glucose testing (yay! :-/) to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes (which I'm almost positive I don't have... since I've had a hard time just keeping my blood sugars up throughout this pregnancy!). Then, after that appointment, I will start going to the midwife every two weeks. Going more frequently will really start to make things feel more real. She made sure I was taking a birthing class and said that would be helpful for me and I'll probably try to get a tour of the hospital scheduled in then next month or two. This will be good for Kyle and I to know what procedures to expect when we first walk in. 


Well... that's all that is new this month. 

1 comments:

Jessica said...

ah, yay for a good appointment! My babies are the size of apples this week :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails