Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Simplifying Babyhood


As I mentioned the other day, I am excited about trying to keep our nursery and nursery items simple for our baby. While I'm having so much fun decorating her room, when it comes to accessories, normal baby "needs," and the usual paraphernalia that baby stores try to sell, my husband and I are seeking to make wise decisions on what all is exactly necessary. I have been working on making my own list of baby "needs" to get for our daughter. Now somethings are totally based on the parent's personalities... for sure! However, I find it helpful to see what others who have gone before me see as essential.

I came across this post by Stephanie at KeeperoftheHome that she did as a guest post on SimpleMom. I was so excited as I read through her post because almost everything she listed is exactly what I would LOVE to have and is on my list!!! Check out her list here.

I'm sure I'll be posting my official list sometime in the near future. I need to finish it first. Of course, I'm sure once our daughter is here there will probably be things I will add/change on that list. :-)

Now... on a light-hearted note... baby wearing may not be for all of us! hehe...

2 comments:

The Great Adventure said...

Hey Michelle,
I liked the list that the Keeper of the Home suggested. One thing that really helped us was a baby swing. It was wonderful to have when the baby wouldn't sleep anywhere else. I also enjoyed having a bouncy seat for when I first started feeding the kids. I could just put it on the table and feed them. When it comes to plates/cups/cutlery, we have LOVED Ikea's childrens plates, cups, bowls, and cutlery. They are inexpensive and brightly colored. Even Joe and I use them! Ikea also offers a lot of neat kids toys and decor that are fun and creative. I would disagree with the changing table. It has been a lifesaver for me as I have had back problems as an aftermath of pregnancy/childbirth. It was recommended to me by my physical therapist not to bend over a lot to do things...even bathing in the tub. He recommended bathing them in the sink as long as possible. I liked having the mesh baby seat (?) for the tub because it dries out easily and the baby is often very slippery in the tub. It's nice to have something there to support them and keep them from slipping off your arm while you're trying to bathe them. Hope this helps! : )

Jessica said...

Great list!! I like the picture of the twin girls in green and pink diapers....awwww :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails