Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

29 Weeks - Baby Roland

So the days have come where I am officially thinking in terms of "weeks left" rather than "weeks I've come." (11 weeks left, btw...) Being pregnant is a joy but I can't wait to meet our daughter and have her here! The anticipation is mounting as the days draw closer! We've spent many hours working on her nursery, getting it painted, and sewing a few things, like curtains and pillows. Here's a sneak peak of the color of her room:

Kyle working away...
Yes, I painted as well, but no worries. It was low VOC paint...

Hopefully we will have time to finish if off soon. Most everything is ready, I just need to get decorations up on the walls and get our glider. More pictures to come soon...

How Baby Girl Roland is growing this week:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Baby Fit says:
His eyes are becoming more sensitive and might be able to notice when you are sitting in the sun or reading by a bright light. As baby grows, conditions in the uterus become a little cramped, so there isn't quite as much room to kick those tiny legs or wave those teeny arms. Therefore, you may feel a little less movement now, but that's normal. 

What to Expect says:
How big is your baby this week? She weighs nearly three pounds now and measures about 17 inches. Though she's getting pretty close to her birth length, she still has to chub out a bit. In fact, over the next 11 weeks, she'll more than double — or even come close to tripling — her weight. And as she grows and the room in your womb gets tighter, you'll be less likely to feel those big kicks and more likely to get poked by an elbow or jabbed by a knee.

Highlights of this new trimester:

I'm beginning to notice Braxton Hicks. Yay! While I have to watch these carefully so they do not turn into preterm labor, Braxton Hicks are actually exciting because it's showing me that my body is truly preparing for the birth of our baby. The count down is closing in as we near the end! A lot of women say that their Braxton Hicks feel like their tummy is tightening and releasing. Some have pain, some don't. Others, like myself, have Braxton Hicks lower and they feel like menstrual cramps. However, I also have the tightening of my abdomen as well but don't notice them as often.   

Also, last night after community group, the girls were standing around talking and I noticed for the first time that I could actually feel a body part of our child up at my left rib cage! We're not sure if it was a knee or a heal, but it was a cute little round bone that was sticking out! I was so excited! 

Another aspect of this trimester that I have really begun to notice the last couple of weeks is how much more tired I am getting! It seems like my body knew right about the time I hit 28 weeks that it was time to be getting more sleep. I don't think I realized how great the 2nd trimester was until I hit the 3rd! haha... But I still can't complain because, with the exception of being really tired and worn out, the pregnancy is still going really well and for that we are very grateful! 

Our birthing class is going really well and we're loving the friendships that we are making there. It's so exciting to be around other pregnant Mamas and Daddys and to be able to chat with them about pregnancy stuff!

We met with our Doula this past Saturday and it went great! When she left our home, we both felt very comfortable with her and were encouraged. I now have a sign up on my refrigerator of "If You Think You're In Labor" and "When to go to the Hospital." This will be something I can review as we draw close to the due date and I have to determine between these Braxton Hicks and the true early stages of labor. When we do go into labor, after the first couple of hours (or so, depending), we will call our Doula and she will come to our home, helping us through the labor until we reach about 7-8 centimeters. Then, once we're there (potentially 7-10 hours?), we'll all pile in the car to head to the hospital to work through transition and to deliver this baby. We are so thrilled to have our Doula be apart of our birthing experience and are grateful for the support that she will offer.

Well, I need to continue to study for class. Thank you for your continued prayers for Baby and Mommy! They are much needed and appreciated. Have a great week!

9 comments:

Ga. Mom said...

Reading this gets us so excited. I cannot wait to hold her. I love ya'll

Michelle said...

We are so excited too! Can't wait for her to meet her Mimi & Papa and Grammie & PopPop! She will be one loved grandbaby! haha...

emily m. chambers said...

yay how fun!! excited to see how your nursery comes together!! we both did nursery posts on the same day yay :)

"Texas Mom" said...

The excitement IS MOUNTING!!! I am beginning to think what I want to bring with me in November !! Can hardly wait to be there!!! Love you yall :-))

Jessica said...

So glad you are in the third trimester! Really exciting that it's getting so close :) Draw that warm bath water if you're gonna get to 7 or 8 before you go to the hospital! And that's awesome about your doula! So important to have someone you feel comfortable with...can't wait to meet your little girl! And for our kids to meet! yay!

Michelle said...

Jessica, yes I am totally planning on spending some time in a hot bath while in labor! They have laboring tubs at the hospital too... but at home I can light a candle... dim the lights... and labor away... we'll see if it helps any!

The mother who shared her birth story at our birthing class this week said she spent a lot of her labor in the tub! However, she had a big one in her living room.

Selena said...

Hey Michelle! This part of pregnancy is such an exciting time! I noticed that you thought labor might be 7-10 hours long after the first couple hours. Be prepared for a quick or long labor. With both of our boys, I was in labor 6 1/2 hours(from the very first pain/tightening to the last push). You never know what to expect.

Brent and Keri Osterberg said...

Hey Michelle! I usually read your blog, but don't comment....so here's my comment:
We are so so so so so excited for you guys! There is nothing like feeling that baby move and knowing that God is sustaining her, even now before you ever see that sweet face. We are praying for you! Keep taking those pics!

:)

Michelle said...

Selena, Wow! 6 1/2 hours? That's intense! But how wonderful to have such a short labors. I would like to have a short labor, yet I've heard they can be more painful because the contractions become so hard so fast. I guess we'll see what the Lord has in store for my body! :-)

Keri,thank you so much for your comment! It's good to hear from you! I appreciate your encouragement and prayers! We are definitely excited about the baby and can't wait to meet her! Hopefully ya'll will get to meet her too at Christmastime! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails