Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

30 Weeks - Baby Girl Roland


So yesterday, as Kyle and I were walking around Wal-Mart, waiting on his truck's oil change, I couldn't help but take a picture next to these pumpkins. Baby Roland is looking like she's close to this size now! Yay!

In order to make blogging easier on me, as we continue through these last few weeks, I'm going to copy a friend's idea (hope you don't mind, Megan) and hit more of the highlights of the pregnancy each week. So, here we go...

How far along: 30 Weeks

Baby Size: Approx. 3 pounds and 17 inches long! (and boy is that weight beginning to be noticed as I carry her around!)

Baby Changes: Her hair is getting thicker and her eye lashes longer. She looks very similar to what she will look like when she comes out... just a little thinner. Her body is also learning to regulate it's own temperature now.

Baby Movements: I've felt her have hiccups a couple times now. She also tends to "jump" as she is startled or awakened. I will suddenly feel her hitting 2-3 spots at once, low and high in my tummy. It's like she suddenly jolts and her arms and legs go flying! Her movements are becoming less frequent, as her space is getting cramped, but they are getting stronger.

Food Cravings: Smoothies and bananas

Sleep: Becoming difficult and having really weird, creepy dreams!

Symptoms: Fatigue, neck/shoulder aching, braxton hicks, soreness/tightness in my expanding tummy, indigestion.

Highlight: Baby Girl kicked her Daddy's back for the first time while Mommy was snuggled up next to him in bed!

What I miss: Being able to go from a sitting or lying position to standing without my body aching or groaning!

What I'm looking forward to: Seeing our baby for the first time and being able to comfort her as her mother.

2 comments:

"Texas Mom" said...

Yea!!!! I like these details!! What fun!! She sounds like she is going to be a "character!!"" just like her mommy!! Can hardly wait to see her in you and Kyle's arms!! (and mind too!!!) Love you!!!

Jessica said...

I like the new layout for your weekly updates! Great idea! And is it bad that I already have most of your same discomforts and symptoms....hmmmm, haha ;) yay for pregnancy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails