Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Christmas Is Around the Corner


Even though it's just the end of October, my mind is already racing on our preparation and celebration of Christmas this year. Granted, I love Christmas and the whole upcoming holiday season, but this year, we get to celebrate our baby girl's first Christmas! I understand that she won't remember a thing about it, being only about 4 weeks old, but we will remember it and I want it to be a great celebration for us as a family; a new family... the Kyle Roland Family. :-)

However, as I prepare our Christmas gift list, begin to think about decorations, compile our Christmas card addresses, etc... I find myself getting so caught up into the business of Christmas that I realize I am at risk of forgetting the whole reason behind Christmas. More than the presents, the family memories, the lights and sounds, the smells and warmth of Christmas, I want to impact our daughter with the Gospel message of Christ coming to our earth as our Savior and the valuable gift that He offers to us! This far outweighs any other thing we can give her this year. So, even if that comes in the form of reading to her little ears about the Christmas story and telling her of the wonders of our Savior as we sit around our tree, or describing to her the manger scene on our table, or looking at our lights and explaining to her that Christ is the light of the world, I want to be intentional this Christmas season!

Here is a video I ran across on the GirlTalk blog that they posted a couple years ago. It's a helpful reminder to focus on Christ at Christmas. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails