Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Week 36 - Baby Roland




How far along: 36 Weeks

Baby Size: 6 pounds

Baby Changes: She is continuing to practice her breathing rhythms by inhaling and exhaling the amniotic fluids around her. This is preparing her little lungs to handle air in just a few short weeks! She is still head down, praise the Lord, and she is riding low! My midwife, doula, and chiropractor (who is also a doula) are all very pleased with our baby's progression, position, and overall health. 

Baby Movements: Have you ever sat down and bent over, with a full stomach, and felt your ribs dig into something? You know, that bony feeling if you rub over your ribs with your hands? Well, that's kinda what it feels like when our little girl moves. She's so big and bony now. haha! I can feel her little bottom and legs moving about in my tummy as she turns from side to side. Not to mention her little head as it turns and adjusts! It's fun to watch one side of my tummy be all "puffed up" and be able to feel her little back lying on that side. Then a few minutes later, her back is on the other side of my tummy. haha!

Food Cravings: Slightly burnt toast! Yup! I do not know why it tastes better with a little black on it... but that's how I've been making my gluten free toast this week! Add a little butter and raw honey on top... mmmmmmmmmm... so good!

Sleep: With the exception of multiple trips to the bathroom some nights, sleep has been decent this week. Some nights better than others, but overall, it's not been too bad! Yay!

Symptoms: This past week it's been exciting to notice new changes as my body continues to prepare for our little girl's arrival! Her head is low into my pelvis, but not engaged yet. I've had increased pains in my legs and increased Braxton Hicks. Not just the crampy ones now, but also the kind that tighten your stomach up into a rock! I can really tell a difference in my contractions when I've "over done it" that day. My feet have be swollen a little bit this week, but I've been quick to try to lie down and add more protein to my diet. I've also noticed that I've been really thirsty this week.

 
Highlight: Ok, so my whole pregnancy I've been waiting to get an "outie" belly button. However, I have been disappointed that my belly has not cooperated with me! This past week though, I've noticed that my little "half-outie" has started showing some. haha... So, I was pretty excited about that!

What I'm looking forward to: Having this little girl!!!!!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

SO CLOSE!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!

You're pregnancy craving sounds so good! hmm, I must be pregnant too, haha ;0

Related Posts with Thumbnails