Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Week 38 - Baby Roland


I'm sorry I missed my 37 week update! These last two weeks seem to have just flown by. This week, however, will hopefully be very restful as we continue to further prepare for our daughter's arrival. Her diaper bag is packed and our hospital bags are getting there. Haha... 

This past week, at 37 weeks and 4 days, I had my weekly midwife appointment and received my first exam to determine if I'm progressing towards Baby's birth day. Below, you'll see what we found out!

How far along: 38 Weeks

Baby Size: Approx. 7 pounds! (Kyle and I both weighed 7+ pounds when we were born so I'm assuming she'll also weigh in at 7+ pounds!)

Dilated: 1 cm


Effaced: 60-70%


Mucus Plug: Lost!


Bloody Show: Not yet.

Baby Changes: No real changes. She's mainly just plumping up and her lungs and brain are continuing to grow.

Baby Movements: She certainly is tight on space these days! In fact, when I went in for my appointment this past week, my midwife hooked me up to a fetal monitor to track her movements to make sure she was ok because she hadn't been moving much for a couple of days. She was fine, however, and now she's been moving like normal at night and off and on throughout the day. I'm being extra careful to tune in to her movements during the day to make sure she is fine.

Food Cravings: Well, I just finished off two rounds of tuna fish salad and crackers for lunch... does that count? It was so good! (Of course, I only buy low-mercury tuna... in case anyway is about to hurry to the comment section to tell me not to eat tuna while pregnant. It's really fine, as long as you buy low-mercury! haha...)

Sleep: The last couple of nights I've been sleeping really well actually! Kinda surprising because that is the complaint of most women near the end. I'm certainly grateful for it though and hope it continues!

Symptoms: Lots of hip soreness with some pains down my legs. However, my chiropractor has been amazing at helping me with this! I so look forward to my adjustment every week!

Highlight: Loosing my mucus plug after finding out that we are actually starting to efface and dilate! It still doesn't tell us when she will be here or how long the wait will be, but it's fun to know that my body is at least progressing!

What I'm looking forward to: Being past the delivery! haha... 

Yesterday, I set up a little baby nook by my side of our bed to use the first little while after we return from the hospital. I have her pack'n play next to me, with a stack of bins for her diapers/wipes, swaddle blankets, and newborn clothes, plus a little bookshelf that holds not only my books and Bible to read while nursing, but also a few blankets, burp cloths, etc... I brought our glider from her nursery in as well so I can have the privacy and comfort of feeding her in our bedroom. It will make for easy feedings at night, too, I hope!


(haha... and yes, the brown towel in the glider is there just in case my water breaks while we're laboring at home!) I sure have enjoyed rocking in the glider since having it in our room! It's so peaceful, right before crawling into bed!


 

2 comments:

Melissa Munger said...

THANK YOU for posting that about tuna fish!! I've had an insanely aweful craving for a tuna sandwich and been dealing with either giving in and feeling guilty or going without. I'm having a tuna sandwich for dinner tonight!!! :-D

Jessica said...

Such a great job on your little baby nook!! It's looks perfect! I think you are the most prepared first time mom I know :) You have me beat by MILES! haha ;) Although moving and husband being gone and living with my parents soon doesn't help me much in "being prepared" haha

My kids will be lucky is they get diapered and fed. No cute room, cozy set up house for them! But hopefully we'll get there after a few months when I move to NM :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails