Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Practicing Hospitality



Ok ladies... I just finished reading my new book "Practicing Hospitality: The Joy of Serving Others." It is outstanding!!! My head is still spinning from all the great practical and biblical tips I learned! I definitely need to re-read the book and take time to really flesh out some of the examples they gave that I can use for my own mission of hospitality.


In each chapter appropriate scriptures are used that help draw our attention to the true reason for practicing biblical hospitality: that of fixing our guests' (and family's) attention on Christ and sharing His mercy and kindness with them. Also, the end of each chapter is accompanied by fun recipes to try in our own endeavors. I've already tried one recipe and the people I made it for loved it!!!


I will say though, that probably my favorite chapter was "Hospitality and Management." I always tend to get caught up in "how to organize" articles and books... Here are a few points the authors cover in this chapter.



  • The Importance of Managing

  • Refuse Idleness

  • Manage Your Home - Why? Because a well-managed home views hospitality as a life-style - not just an event." (pg. 106)

  • Get Organized

  • Establish a Weekly Cleaning Schedule

  • Identify Daily Cleaning Chores

  • Problem Solve for Your Organization Challenges

  • Prepare in Advance for Guests

  • Prepare for Graciousness

  • Set Up A Hospitality Notebook - this was my favorite part!

  • Establish a Purpose for Your Hospitality.

  • Plan for the Unexpected

There is much more to the chapter than this, but this will give you a brief idea. Other chapters cover great topics like: Hospitality and Strangers, Hospitality and Family, Hospitality and Culture, etc...


I could not recommend this book higher, ladies! It is a must read!!!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, that book sounds so interesting!! I need to buy it =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails