Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

New Attitude


Saturday morning at 5:40am I'll be meeting two friends, Adam and Noah Driggers, to drive to the DFW airport to join another friend, Vonni, in boarding a plane to head to Louisville, Kentucky. WE'RE GOING TO NEW ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO excited!!! This is my first time to attend NA... just think... more than 3,000 young adults coming together to worship our Savior and to learn from great men of our faith!
Here's the line-up of speakers and topics they will be preaching on...

Josh Harris - "Jeremiah 15:16" (this is the verse the entire conference is based upon)
Mark Dever - "The Authority of Scripture"
Al Mohler - "Bible Q & A"
C.J. Mahaney - "God's Word and Our Feelings"
Eric Simmons - "What's the Point?"
John Piper - "William Tyndale"
John Piper - "Fighting for Faith with God's Word"
C.J. Mahaney - "How Do We Really Study This Book?"

Talk about saturation with truth for four days!!!! I'm so glad they will be taping these sessions because I'm sure I'll have to listen to them over and over again to grasp all the truth that will be taught!

On the NA blog, they have been suggesting "How Not To Waste This Conference" and one of the suggestions was to find one specific area of your life where you would really like for God to meet you in... and to work on in your life. Then, spend time praying before the conference that God would indeed meet you there and come in faith for what God is going to do in your life. When I read that post, I immediately knew the area I wanted God to meet me in... and that is direction for life. That may sound simple, but I've never before felt so unsure of where God was leading me in life as I have these last few months. So I'm just really praying that God would direct me through this conference... should I go back to school?... should I pursue full-time ministry?... if I'm supposed to go to school, how can I afford it?... It's hard when you don't feel a clear-cut direction in life. However, I'm reminded in scripture that God directs His children, even if I don't see that direction right now, I know that He is sovereignly working in my life and future! His way is perfect and that is where I'll be truly happy... may God lead and guide me in His will and may I submit to that will whole heartedly and be content in whatever circumstance He desires to place me in!

2 Chronicles 20:1-34 - vs. 12b. "We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you."

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails