Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Happy Father's Day!

Dad,

What a blessing you are in my life!!! How can feeble words express my thanks to you for all that you have done for me over the past twenty-four years? You have been the most influential man in my entire life and I am so thankful for you! The insight and wisdom that you have displayed over the years has caused me to respect you SO much! Anytime I need counsel and guidance on big decisions, even small ones, I'm so glad I can turn to you knowing that you will eagerly sit down with me and help me figure things out.

Dad, one of the main things that I see in your life that I want to praise you for is your passion for Christ! I understand that this passion is placed inside of you by our Savior and it flows forth from your heart so beautifully! Many a time I have seen you broken while contemplating our Lord... whether it's in singing, praying, speaking of Him, studying about Him... in all those circumstances and more I have seen your love for God through your brokenness. What a legacy you are passing on to me, Dad! I am so proud to call you my Daddy and I am so grateful to God for you!!!

Thanks for always being there for me and encouraging me on in all of my crazy pursuits in life!!! (Whether that's showing up for a race I'm running and cheering me on, or moving me away to school, or just exhorting me with a "good job Michelle") Your friendship means so much to me and I treasure our times together! I'm gonna miss you these next two years while I'm living in Kentucky!!! I look forward to our e-mails back and forth during the day!

I love you Dad! Happy Father's Day!


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails