Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Life...

Well... if my posts seem to be fewer and fewer it's because I'm not doing much these days. I basically spend a lot of time reading for my classes this fall. However, yesterday my mom and I went shopping for some things for my dorm room. I'm really excited about decorating it!!! Recently, almost every night it's been hard for me to go to sleep quickly because my mind is racing about God's recent provisions, school, dorm life, what I need to take, what I need to accomplish before I go, what I want to do with my family before moving, etc...


I realized yesterday that I have about two weeks left at my parents house, then I'm house-sitting for a couple for two and a half weeks during July, then when I return from there, I leave for Kentucky a little over a week after that. AHHHH!!! That means I only have about three more weeks at home before moving! How sad... yet how exciting!!! I am REALLY looking forward to moving to Boyce... I can hardly contain my excitement!!!


Well... due to the fact that I am stocking up on things for my dorm room, one wall of my bedroom is becoming quite full of stuff to take... here's a picture...

I think that black shelf will come in handy in the dorm room to store food, towels, and other random stuff on. Oh, and yesterday at Bed, Bath & Beyond we found a 5x7 piece of chocolate brown carpet for super cheap... we were so excited because one of my friends from Kentucky, Jenny, said that it would be really good for me to have an area rug because the floors get really cold in the dorm during the winter.

Concerning packing, what I've been struggling with is books... how can I move without my books??? Here's a picture of three boxes I already have full of the books I want to take... and this is only about half of what I own... I've even gone through those boxes like three times, carefully taking out select books, trying to tone down the quantity... but it's so hard!!! Hmm... now I'm beginning to think that maybe I should just take my Women's Ministry and Counseling books, then leave the rest. If I need more, I can bring them back in January. But what about my theology books? Will I need them for writing papers? How about research? How about personal reading??? (haha... I doubt I'll have much time for that!) Oh, what am I to do??? haha!!! I still haven't decided.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Here's my Mom and I heading out yesterday to go shopping together for my stuff... I really enjoyed our time together!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

haha, yeah, I need to get a little better at updating huh? By the time I read everyone's posts I don't want to post anything...haha :)

The chocolate rug is awesome!! I was looking at some rugs yesterday at Bed Bath & Beyond...love that store.

And I was suppose to work tonight, showed up, and found out my schedule had gotten changed...haha, oops!

Hope you're having a good day! Love ya!

In All the Way Acknowledge Him said...

Hey girl, I love all your stuff for your dorm room. I can't even begin to tell you how much I'm going to miss you. I'm so excited for you and I LOVE your new dress, it fits you perfectly.

I love you so much... I have a few more ideas for your list! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails