Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

My Fall Class Schedule

Hey ya'll! I thought you might be interested in seeing what classes I'll be taking at Boyce this fall. I'm super excited about them and think it will give me a good variety of topics to study. All of these except the counseling class are required for my degree, however I'm including that course because I'm considering getting a minor in counseling.

MS 101 Introduction to Christian Missions 3 hours
A study of the biblical foundations, history, and philosophy of missions. Special attention will be given to insights from the modern mission era and the challenges of contextualization.

CN 101 Introduction to Biblical Counseling 3 hours
A general introduction to basic concepts and distinctive features of biblical counseling. This course will focus on: (1) how biblical counseling theory and practice relate to and differ from some of the more common secular models and theories. (2) what biblical counseling is and what it involves; (3) the role of the counselor in biblical counseling; (4) the place of counseling in the ministry of the church.

CE 287 Supervised Ministry Experience: Small Group I 1/2 hour
This experiential learning course focuses on the traditional Sunday School and on small group shepherding at an approved site under the supervision of a tenured ministry professional. Students will serve in areas related to their Concentration in the Church Ministry Major.

WS 211 The Role of Women In Ministry 3 hours
Provide students with a biblical foundation of womanhood, theological implications of gender and ministry, historical involvement in the church, and practical implementation and participation in present-day ministries. For women only.

YM 101 Principles of Youth Ministry 3 hours
A brief history of the growth of student ministries, orientation to various student ministry positions, principles necessary for successful student programming, and a survey of methodology involved will be studied. This is a distinctive course and is a prerequisite for all Youth Ministry courses.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I am SO excited for you michelle. Those classes sound like they will be right up your alley. :)
I posted on my blog!

Anonymous said...

congrats michelle! i am so excited for this new chapter in your life!!!
cate m

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting accepted and starting classes, I've heard it is a great school. We should always seeked God's will and I am happy He opened this door for you. Just from reading on your blog it sounds like you sought God's will first, which is awesome, so many times I and many others look to ourselfs first then to God. I am happy for you and the opportunity God has given you to serve Him. God's grace truly is amazing.

I don't know you very well but I met you a while back, I am a friend of Mel's. I kinda lost touch with her in the past couple of years though, do you know what church she is going to now? I would love to see her again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails