Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Life at Boyce...


This weekend was so busy with orientation stuff! They had our schedule pretty packed out but it was fun and a great time to meet other new students as well as the student leadership here at Boyce. Yesterday I started the church hunt and visited a church with my friends Jenny and Jason. I enjoyed the sermon. They were beginning a series on Proverbs and yesterday's sermon was on the fear of the Lord. It was very good!

I've been so excited because I've found a couple girls who enjoy running. Last night a girl on my hall went running with me. I had the great intention of running from the school all the way to a city park, around the park, and then back. However, it's amazing how much farther it is when you run instead of when you are driving a route!!! haha... needless to say, it was farther than I thought! So we cut the run shorter and skipped the park. My lungs hurt for most of the run and so I think we must be at a higher altitude up here!!!

Last night, while I was grocery shopping after my run, another new friend here called me and asked if I wanted to go running at the park this morning with her. I did, so she picked me up this morning and we DROVE to the park... a much wiser idea! The park is great because there are lots of people out and there is a track that is 1.2 miles around the field. So you can run the cement track or run on the dirt track next to it.

Tonight we have our first dorm meeting, which I hear is a time when all the students come together and the Dean (Dr. Denny Burk!!!) preaches to us. Also there is a time of worship by singing. I'm excited to attend tonight! I think it will be a great time. Dr. Burk preached to us twice over the orientation weekend and it was excellent! The first night he preached from Romans 8 and the second night was from 1 Corinthians. How much better could it be?

On another note... my class schedule has changed up a little. I've had to add a couple classes and let go of one class. I found out that some of the classes I would need before I graduate are only offered every couple of years, so you have to take them whenever they are offered... so I added in a class called Church Staff Relations. It is a senior level class so I'm a bit nervous of the coursework... but it'll all work out great, I'm sure. I know I will definitely be drowning in papers this semester! It's a good thing I like to write, I guess! haha... :-)

Here's my new class schedule:

Tuesday
11:30 - 12:45 - Introduction to Christian Missions
1:00 - 2:15 - Introduction to Biblical Counseling

Wednesday
9:00 - 9:50 - Applied Ministry - Outreach
11:30 - 12:45 - Introduction to Christian Missions
1:00 - 2:15 - Introduction to Biblical Counseling

Thursday
9:00 - 9:50 - Applied Ministry - Small Groups
11:30 - 2:15 - The Role of Women in Ministry

Friday
8:30 - 11:15 - Church Staff Relations

Well, that's about it for now. I'm gonna go walk around the campus a little before Dorm Meeting starts. I'll try to get some pictures of the campus over the next few days to start posting.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Great post!! I love your picture...so cute! And all of your classes look really interesting. Have I told you I CANNOT WAIT TO VISIT?!?!?! haha...:) It was good to talk to you tonight..glad you are doing well and getting settled. I miss you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails