Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

"Convenient toxins in brightly wrapped packages"

Well... I've been reading a lot about nutrition; eating more vegetarian and "live" foods. A friend at work loaned me her book entitled: "4 Blood Types, 4 Diets: Eat Right 4 Your Type" by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo and Catherine Whitney.


It's been an interesting read about our different blood types and foods that encourage and discourage cancer and disease in our bodies. Based upon this doctor's research, people with different blood types process and use foods in their bodies in different ways. There are four blood types, A, B, O, AB.

My friend who loaned me this book is an O blood type. O's can eat a lot of meat... have a very active immune system... and have a "hearty digestive tract." (See page 51) However, I personally have type A blood. (Thanks to Anatomy and Physiology class back in college, I learned my blood type.) I was intrigued and a little disdained to find that the type A person works best on a primarily vegetarian diet. That means the avid type A person must eat NO red meat... and minimal to no chicken and turkey... etc... however, we can eat a lot of fish and all the tofu we want! (yippee... gag!) haha... I love fish... but the whole tofu thing will have to take a while to grow on me.

Evidently, the type A person's body will turn meat into fat because it doesn't process it as well. "Type O's burn their meat as fuel; Type As ultimately store meat as fat. The reason for the difference is stomach acid. While Type Os have high stomach-acid content, which promotes easy digestion of meat, Type As have low stomach-acid content... Dairy foods are also poorly digested by Type As, and they provoke insulin reactions - another factor in metabolic slowdowns. In addition, dairy foods are very high in saturated fats, the kind that compromise the heart and lead to obesity and diabetes." (page 98)

As I've read his material, my mind has been asking questions about his methods, research, and the validity of it all. It sounds like he has definitely done adequate research, but it sure seems weird that God would give us all this food to eat if only some people should only eat certain kinds of it. (My good friend Jessica brought this point up to me... it was very good I thought!)

At the same time, I can understand that the way that foods are processed now can have different effects on different people. If we truly understood all of the toxins, hormones, and filth that comes into contact with our foods, it may turn us all into farmer "wannabes."

Well, if you're still reading and are interested, I'm going to give a small clippet of what this doctor says about the Type As. (I do not agree with his apparent humanistic philosophy of life and view of mankind.) When I read this about the Type As, I am intrigued to better understand this in a way that can help me protect my body and my family's bodies from cancer and disease. Of course, I also understand that ultimately the acquiring of disease is allowed by our sovereign God, yet we are required by God to keep our bodies clean and as holy temples for His service!

"Type As flourish on vegetarian diets - the inheritance of their more settled and less warlike farmer ancestors. If you are an average American with Type A blood, you might find it too big an adjustment to move away from the typical meat-and-potato fare to soy proteins, grains, and vegetables. Likewise, you may find it difficult to eliminate overly processed and refined foods, since our civilized diets are increasingly composed of convenient toxins in brightly wrapped packages. But it is particularly important for sensitive Type As to get their foods in as natural a state as possible: fresh, pure, and organic.

I can't emphasize enough how critical this dietary adjustment can be to the sensitive immune system of Type As. As you will see in chapter 9, Type As are biologically predisposed to heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. In other words, these are your risk factors. But they need not be your destiny. If you follow this diet, you can supercharge your immune system and potentially short-circuit the development of life-threatening diseases. A positive aspect of your genetic ancestry is your ability to utilize the best nature has to offer. It will be your challenge to relearn what your blood already knows." (Paragraphs taken from page 97)

If this way of living is true, it would be much cheaper than buying a ton of meat every week at the grocery store (which I do now since I eat primarily gluten free). This brings up another interesting point. Some type As are naturally sensitive to wheat flour. Since this is the case, many if not all, of the recipes offered for Type As are wheat free... which works perfect for me!

Do ya'll have any thoughts about this book? Have you read it? Heard about it? I'd love to have some feedback!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails