Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

Menu Plan Mondays



Oops! Is it really Tuesday? Sorry for the delay in posting my meal plan for this week! Here it is:

Monday - Garden Salad and Chicken/veggie casserole (pulled from freezer for hubby)
Tuesday - Minestrone Soup with Cranberry-Pecan Corn Muffins
Wednesday - Arroz Con Pollo and Salad
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Date Night - Pumpkin Soup
Saturday - Greek salad, falafel, hummus

Life is getting back into full swing this week because my work schedule is back to normal. These last three weeks have been great but at the same time have thrown me off my weekly schedule. I'm glad to be back to normal pace around here.

With the beginning of fall here in Kentucky, I'm seeking to try a new soup each week. This week's new recipe is Pumpkin Soup. Kyle and I picked a fresh pumpkin at Huber farm on Sunday afternoon and I can't wait to bake it and make soup and muffins from it! I've never baked a fresh pumpkin before so if any of ya'll have advise, I'd love to hear it!!! :-)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Fresh cooked pumpkin sounds oh so yummy! Great menu for the week :) I've never cooked a fresh pumpkin either (maybe once with my mom when I was really little, but I don't remember for sure! haha) So let me know how it goes! Love ya :)

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
here is the link to the site I was telling you about for the cooked pumpkin!http://video.about.com/homecooking/pumpkins.htm Have fun !! Love you

Michelle said...

Thanks for the video, Mom! I used it and did it... the pumpkin turned out great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails