Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"

6 Weeks - "Lentil Bean" Roland



Baby Roland is the size of a lentil bean this week. We are now 6 weeks pregnant. The major developments of this week are that the nose, mouth, and ears begin to take shape and his/her heart is beating. 

Here is what Baby Center says about our baby:

"If you could see into your uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, your baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil bean."

Mommy is doing well. I'm still having nausea off and on throughout the day. Mainly in the morning and usually a little bit when I crawl into bed at night. Food. Sometimes I want it, sometimes I don't. I love homemade soup right now! I also love fresh lemon/ginger herbal tea from Frontier. It's really yummy and perfect for the morning time before I can stomach any food. 

There are so many things out there in books and on the web for a new mommy to read. It can be overwhelming and invoke fear in my heart when I read of things that can go wrong. I'm learning to filter what I read and to trust the Lord who has created this life and to sustain it for His glory! Waiting until we're 11 weeks along before our first midwife appointment seems like forever! However, we are again learning to trust God for His timing in all of this. By 11 weeks our baby will just be that much more formed and strong. Hopefully I will be showing a tiny bit by then as well! 

We have been so blessed at how excited and supportive all of our family and friends have been. We thank you for your prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby! 

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Yeah! I love your little baby update :) 6 weeks down!

Becca Goucher said...

So you are going with a midwife!? That is awesome! I wish that our insurance had let us do it that way, but I am grateful for the care that I did receive during our 2 pregnancies!... Praise the Lord for a healthy pregnancy so far, and praying for the remainder to go just as smoothly!

Kendall said...

Congrats on this exciting news! I saw the announcement on facebook and have been following your blog since! Children are such a blessing! may the Lord give you a safe and healthy pregnancy/baby!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails